REMUNERATION POLICY FOR DIRECTORS
This policy sets out the criteria to be used in recommending the remuneration package of Directors of icapital.biz Berhad (“Fund” or the “Company”) and is in line with the best practice provisions of the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance (“MCCG”).
This policy is designed to:-
- Determine the level of remuneration package of Directors;
- Attract, develop and retain high performing and motivated Directors with a competitive remuneration package;
- Provide a remuneration such that the Directors are paid a remuneration commensurate with the responsibilities of their position; and
- The remuneration shall be based on conditions that are market competitive and at the same time aligned with shareholders’ interest. Hence, encourage value creation for the Company and its Stakeholders.
3. REMUNERATION COMPONENTS
3.1 Fixed Fee for Members of Board of Directors’
The fixed fee is determined according to:-
- Reflect the qualifications and contribution required in view of the Company’s complexity;
- The extent of the duty and responsibilities;
- The number of Board meetings; and
- The corporate and individual performance
- Other Benefits and Allowances
3.2 The benefits and allowances which should be decided by the Board as a whole include:-
- Chairman’s allowance;
- Meeting allowance; and
- Expenses incurred in the course of their duties as Directors.
4. REMUNERATION PROCEDURES
4.1. The Board of Directors together with Capital Dynamics Asset Management Sdn Bhd (“Fund Manager”) review the service arrangements and other employment conditions for the Directors before approved by the Board.
4.2. The determination of the remuneration for the Directors is a matter for the Board as a whole.
4.3. This Remuneration policy is in line with the Company’s overall practice on compensation and benefits, which is to reward competitively, taking into account performance, market comparisons and competitive pressures in the industry. Whilst not seeking to maintain a strict market position, it takes into account comparable roles in similar organisations, if any.
4.4. The Board of Directors together with the Fund Manager ensure that the Remuneration Policy supports the Company’s objectives, strategies and shareholder value.
5. PERIODIC REVIEW AND DISCLOSURE
5.1. The Board of Directors together with the Fund Manager should conduct a periodic review of the criteria to be used in the recommending the remuneration package of Directors. The Fund Manager and Company Secretary should promptly communicate any new changes or amendments of the criteria to the Board and individual Directors.
5.2. The Board should disclose this policy in the annual report and published on the Company’s website.
This policy is dated 9 April 2018.